HR Business Partner Training
HR Business Partner training must be a high priority because the function has never been more in demand. Thriving, in today’s volatile and uncertain world, has radically altered the requirements of the function responsible for people.
“Caroline and the team at Talent for Growth, through excellent facilitation, unlocked huge potential within the Human Resources Teams at Babcock moving them into true HR Partners and establishing one cohesive team.”
Kevin Dwyer, Human Resources Director, Babcock International, Devonport
What is an HR Business Partner?
The model itself has evolved considerably to meet the rapid changes in the work environment. In the Ulrich model 2.0 the term Business Partner changed to Strategic Partner. This change gets to the heart of what changes are still needed in many organisations.
What are the critical skills for an effective Business Partner?
- Business Acumen. It’s impossible to partner with a business leader effectively unless you understand the business
- Trustworthiness. HR partners have to be trusted by everyone in the organisation.
- Courage. Effective business partners must feel comfortable about having those difficult conversations.
- Strategic mindset. Stepping back and looking at the broader, long term rather than delivering reactive, quick fixes.
- Relationship building. An essential skill to partnering and influencing effectively.
- Solution focused. Pragmatic, but well judged solutions are what leaders look for from their business partners.
- Appetite for learning. The growth of AI, analytics etc. means that HR partners must adapt and keep learning to be truly effective.
- Flexibility. The Human Resources function has been accused of being black and white. They need to embrace grey & pragmatism.
Why HR Business Partner training is critical to success
Take a look at the 8 skills identified above and compare them to what made a good administrator or generalist. While some apply to both, it’s easy to see some big differences. For this reason, HR Business Partner development is essential if Human Resources is to deliver the best partnering for the organisation.
How we support your success
Newly appointed HR Director
Newly appointed HR Directors are expected to deliver quickly. They need to understand the business and build an engaging plan that deliver results. In addition, they must quickly build relationships with key stakeholders. Finally, they need to understand the capability and potential of their team.
Understanding the team’s ability
How much capability, energy and potential does the team have? Do generalists need to be business partner or specialists? Are existing business partners good enough? We enable you to quickly and accurately identify where the gaps are.
Leading a fit for purpose team
You know the strengths and the gaps of your team. Now, you need a partner to provide targeted, sustainable development for both individuals and the team as a whole. Everyone is busy and a flexible approach is critical.
Want a high performing HR team?
Our coaches are all experienced HR and OD practitioners. They will provide practical support to enable HR Directors to make a fast impact. The coaching is solution focused and energising, providing thought leadership, tools and an invaluable sounding board during this important initial period.
HR Capability Review
We deliver a robust, tailored Capability Review. It enables you to understand the strengths and gaps in skills in your team. As a result, you make decisions that are based on evidence and data. Then you can target development accurately.
Targeted Team Development
We deliver engaging, tailored and practical development, delivered by highly experienced HR & OD practitioners for both individuals and the team. Our ongoing support maintains momentum in a way that suits your budget.
Finally, they gave feedback to individuals on their performance so that, regardless of the outcome, the team felt that they had gained insight through their participation.
I would highly recommend them.”
Sally Webster, HR & OD Director, Financial Ombudsman Service